Friends, you all must have used ginger as spice in food items. It makes our food tasty and healthy however there are many more things to do with ginger.
Today I am going to make you aware of several other benefits of ginger. Since eating ginger directly is something that you will not prefer, it is better to make ginger juice and use it.
To make ginger juice, you need to boil one inch piece of ginger (after grating it) in around 150 ml of water for around 5 minutes. Boil the water with occasional stirring till the water volume becomes around 100 ml. After that, filter the water in a container and leave it till it becomes warm and suitable for drinking. The ginger juice is ready for your consumption! You can drink this juice after half an hour of having lunch and dinner.
The ginger juice can help us against many diseases if we regularly take it twice in a day. It has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and is very beneficial for keeping our body healthy. It is a good source of vitamin C and B6, Magnesium, Manganese, and Potassium.
Benefits of ginger juice
- Helps making digestive juices in the stomach. Improves the functioning of digestive system and results in quick digestion of the food. Controls the amount of acid produced in the stomach and maintains the PH level.
- Prevents heart-burn, bloating, indigestion, nausea, vomiting and cold sweating.
- Speeds up metabolism, helps in burning fats and hence results in weight loss.
- Controls the sugar level in the body and lessens the chances of getting diabetes.
- Has very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols. Due to gingerols, it helps in reducing arthritis and inflammation of joints.
- Active phyto-nutrients present in ginger juice kill cancerous cells in body by inducing apoptosis (A type of cell death in which the cell uses specialized cellular machinery to kill itself). Due to its anti-carcinogenic properties, it helps in preventing various types of cancer.
- Reduces cholesterol, increases blood flow and regulates the blood pressure.
- Increases the immunity of the body and helps against bacterial and viral infections.
- It is a natural antibiotic and cures cough and cold. It is very useful for asthmatic patients.
- Relieves from various aches such as headache, tooth-ache, stomach-ache etc. Soothes muscle pain.
- Detoxifies the body and purifies blood. Very helpful in curing skin diseases s.a. acne, pimples, eczema etc.
- Rinsing the hair with ginger juice after the application of shampoo, helps in reducing hair-fall, and makes the hair soft and silky.
- Relieves from menstrual cramps in ladies.
- Improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
I am sure that after knowing all these benefits, you will start taking ginger juice from today. Do share your experience with us after taking it for some days.
Your comments and feedback are welcome. If you like this article and find it worth reading, please do ‘like’ it and ‘share’ it on social media for the benefit of others also.