Are you worried about stubborn fat around the middle? I know your answer is ‘Yes’. Anyone, who fights the fat around the middle of the body, knows how difficult it is to get rid of that big (or small) muffin top!
To get a flat stomach is a dream for everyone. In order to achieve that, we need to eat smartly and work-out effectively. Follow the tricks below and rock in those dresses which you always wanted to wear ! 🙂
- Do not eat too little or too much (fewer or more than the required calories per day). Doing so will slow down the process of losing weight. Why? The process of losing weight mainly depends upon the level of fat-burning hormone called leptin. Eating fewer calories in a day will reduce leptin level in the body.
- It is very important to hydrate yourself throughout the day. If you are not enough hydrated, that would lead to overall puffiness. Keep in mind to drink 8 -10 glasses of water daily.
- Start your day with fiber rich diet. This diet will help you shrink the mid-section and avoid bloating. For example, try oatmeal and include food items s.a. split peas, black beans, artichokes, broccoli, sprouts, prunes, dates, raspberries, blackberries, avocados, pear, barn flakes, whole-wheat pasta / bread, pearled barley. As topping to this food, include chia seeds, flax seeds, spinach and carrots.
- Replace white tea/coffee with green tea. Try to take two to three cups of green tea in a day
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks, and fried items. These items reduce the metabolism and make it harder to lose weight. Fried items cause heaviness and puffiness.
- Take very light dinner. Take proteins (eggs, cottage cheese/paneer, chicken etc.) and leafy vegetables for dinner. Avoid carbohydrates for dinner. Carbohydrates take too much water to metabolize and taking too much fluid can cause bloating.
- Never opt for diet food or sugar free-food. These sugar-free products are loaded with artificial sweeteners. These sweeteners can cause bloated belly.
- Religious work-out helps you achieve your target faster.
- Crunches: Do three sets of 25 reps.
- Suck it in : One of the best exercises is “Suck it in”. Stand tall and try to pull your belly button to your spine. This works on the core muscles and helps to get a good posture. Try to do 3 sets of 10, sucking for 10 seconds each time.
- Planks : With help of your elbow, raise your body from the ground and support yourself. Hold it for 50 to 60 seconds with 3 to 4 repetitions.
- Cardios : Do not forget to do cardio for 30 to 45 minutes for overall weight loss, else abs work out will go waste.
- Pilates: Do pilates. Do the roll up. This is one sure shot move to get flat abs faster. Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
Apart from eating right and working out, always give rest to your body. Lack of sleep can also reduce metabolism. Make it a point to sleep minimum for 7 to 9 hours and allow the muscles to relax. To add to your beauty/handsomeness, be happy and stress free as much as possible.
Do good to your body, body will do good to you!
Your comments and feedback are welcome. If you like this article and find it worth reading, please do ‘like’ it and ‘share’ it on social media for the benefit of others also.